Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging
In principle and in practice, NAWBO values and seeks a diverse and inclusive membership. NAWBO seeks full participation in the organization by all business owners who support our mission to empower women entrepreneurs, regardless of race, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin or disability. NAWBO’s goal is to effectively represent the full diversity of the women business owner community and to expand access to leadership opportunities across the full spectrum of our membership.
Our Strategic Goal
By 2025, NAWBO will be broadly recognized as the most inclusive and diverse organization for entrepreneurial women in the United States
NAWBO South Jersey
DEI&B Purpose Statement
The purpose of the NAWBO-SJ Diversity Committee is to develop and raise awareness on DEI best practices to be holistically integrated by NAWBO – SJ Leadership, Committees and Members.
- Create short and long term DEI goals and integrate into strategic planning
- Ensure leadership buy-in
- Integrate into the mission, vision and core values
- Identify change champions within each Committee
- Establish a sense of belonging for everyone in the organization
- Ongoing and honest conversation to support education and training
- Create opportunities through story-telling and shared experiences to minimize fear and build trust
- Provide accessible locations for the in-person events
- Educate on the unconscious bias and help members to increase their self-awareness
Education & Training
Happy New Year! It is 2022, and we are still fighting COVID-19. We have to be considerate and listen to science that wearing a mask is of utmost importance, and vaccines help save lives. There are so many exciting events happening soon. So, we are so excited to see...