The South Jersey Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO SJ) was formed in February 2003 and was granted chapter status from NAWBO National in June 2003. NAWBO SJ provides support, education, mentoring, and networking opportunities for women business owners and their associates in the region. The organization serves the needs of women business owners in the following New Jersey counties: Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Cumberland, Salem, Atlantic, Cape May and portions of Mercer.
NAWBO Vision and Mission
The National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) propels women entrepreneurs into economic, social and political spheres of power worldwide by:
- Strengthening the wealth creating capacity of our members and promoting economic development within the entrepreneurial community
- Creating innovative and effective change in the business culture
- Building strategic alliances, coalitions and affiliations
- Transforming public policy and influencing opinion makers
One of the best ways to get gain visibility for yourself and your business is to volunteer and join a committee or the chapter’s board of directors.
Board Member Requirements and Expectations:
- Be a voting member of NAWBO in good standing.
- Have a desire to help others.
- Be able to donate 10-20 hours a month to your position.
- Commit to one monthly board meeting (second Friday of the month).
- Previous board experience a plus but not necessary.
- Serve a two-year term.
- Solicit volunteers from the general membership to assist in acting out the list of duties and activities within each position.
Join a Committee
Our member volunteers help the chapter grow and succeed by creating, running and promoting events, seeking sponsors and corporate partners, communicating with members, and advocating on behalf of women business owners. Whatever your talent or area of expertise, we’d love to have you join one of our committees:
- Programming and Events
- Public Policy
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Corporate Partnership and Sponsorship
- Diversity and Inclusion
Interested in learning more about joining the board of directors or a committee? Please contact NAWBO SJ at info@nawbosouthjersey,org.