Event and Activity Ideas for Professional Settings: The National Day of Racial Healing takes place annually on the day after Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
The observance grows year after year as people living and working in towns, cities, neighborhoods, and organizations across the country work to create connections and share a sense of belonging. Each year, the National Day of Racial Healing is an opportunity to gather colleagues from your organization and your sector to
- Get to know each other.
- Cultivate trusting relationships.
- Learn about each other’s diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences.
- Explore the cultures that make up their communities.
- Share information on the history or current realities of racism.
- Brainstorm ways to take actions that increase empathy, advance racial equity and build solidarity.
You and your colleagues can be creative when planning an event or activity. Any event or activity that achieves one of those goals counts — from one as simple as a small lunch among colleagues to an event that brings partners from across your sector together. Please share your event details at https.//www.DayofRacialHealing.org.